When life becomes too stressful, it is important to remember to take some time out to do something that gives you peace. Although we are not machines, sometimes we need to recharge our batteries as well. That is why it is important to remember to take a rejuvenation break. A great way of doing that is by enjoying nature before the winter months make it too difficult to do so.
The days are getting shorter and the weather is getting brisker. The seasons are changing which gives us a great opportunity to experience natures beauty.
Nature keeps us in touch with the miracle of the seasons and cycles of life - natural rhythms that remind us of our place in the larger scheme of things.
Here are a few tips on how to enjoy nature via my book
- Walk as much or as little as you are able - anywhere, in your yard, your neighborhood, a public park or preserve
- Sit with your back against a tree. Feel and absorb its support
- Listen to the water of a flowing stream. As you relax into listening, become aware of both its many different sounds and the harmony of the whole
- Feel the wind on your hair
- Take a drive
- Stare up at a starry night
- Lie on the grass and pay attention to the contact you are making with the earth. Gently breathe and allow the earth's energy to be absorbed into your body
Follow these steps to rejuvenate your body and mind and you will have a much better week!
Written by Altimont Parker, SUNY New Paltz Intern for Roots & Wings